Caymax PV MODULE
CaymaxTM PV Panel - A Grade Efficiency PV Module
What are CaymaxTM PV Panels Made of?
PV Panels are made up of multiple pv cells. The number of cells can be determined from the name of the panels. For Example the Caymax 200-72M is a panel with 72 Mono Cells.
CaymaxTM Mono Panels are available in a range of sizes up to 305w per panel.
There are 2 main factors when assembling pv cells on a panel. Firstly is to ensure that the cells are of the highest purity. This provides maximum efficiency, which can be measured in the amount of watts generated from a given area. Secondly is the matching of the cells. It is equally important that the cells are consistent in the level of purity, as any panel will only work to the lowest efficiency level.
CaymaxTM Panels undergo EL (electroluminescence testing) testing three times during manufacture. Firstly each individual cell is tested to provide the Grading. Next the cells are tested Pre-Encapsulation – this is when the cells are laid out on the panel, before all the multiple layers are applied to create the finished panel. This is to ensure that the cells are correctly matched, and that there is no damage. Lastly the finished panels are tested to again ensure that the quality, matching and performance of each panel is A Grade.
Does Panel Sizes matter?
Caymax panels can be manufactured up to 305w per panel, maintaining the continual Grade A High Efficiency.
The quality and efficiency of the cells in any PV panel has a direct effect on the size of the panel. The less area required to achieve a given output, the higher the efficiency of the cells. However this is also true of the opposite. Where it requires a large area to achieve a given output, the cells will be of lower quality.
The method of comparing the area required for generating an amount of output is called the Module Efficiency.
WHAT IS MODULE EFFICIENCY?
Module Efficiency is a method of comparing panels of all shapes and sizes in order to reflect the efficiency of the cells within that panel：
Module Efficiency = Watts Per Panel / (Luminous Intensity x Panel Area)
What is Practical Module Efficiency?
Practical Module Efficiency is the measure by which many global panel manufacturers will specify the panels. It takes into consideration the ACTUAL PERFORMANCE of the cells. High quality panels such as Caymax which have proven production and performance data are used for the largest PV installations around the world, and this is the more accurate measurement for such projects.
Practical Module Efficiency = Watts Per Panel / (Luminous Intensity x Total Cell Area)
Why do CaymaxTM Mono Panels get higher output?
Caymax panels are manufactured by one of the world’s leading cell manufacturers. When the cells are manufactured they are Graded A, B, C and D. The A Grade Cells are used uniquely in Caymax Panels. Most panel manufacturer have no ability to make cells and rely upon buying them in from the few cell manufacturers around the world. Therefore Caymax panels have purer cells, which is demonstrated by the higher output, and greater Module Efficiency than other panels on the market.
This is exactly the same reason for choosing genuine A Grade cells and panels for all smaller installations. Caymax SST panel Features:
- High conversion efficiency;
- Excellent performance under low lighting conditions;
- Low hot spot effect, due to low reverse current density;
- Low degradation under light exposure;
- Low cell performance mismatch during encapsulation, our SE module demonstrates high power output, which is very close to the power generated by the whole cells before encapsulation;
- Passing mechanical load test of 5400Pa according to IEC 61215;
- Tested to withstand hails with maximum diameter of 25mm and impact speed of 23m-s-1.
All Caymax Series modules have MCS (Microgeneration Certification Scheme) approval making them eligible for Feed in Tariffs (FiT). FiT is being introduced by the UK government in April 2010 to assist funding of micro generation projects on buildings.
MCS CaymaxTM 2012 - Triple-A Mono - 19% cell efficiency:
- ● CAYMAX 260-270 60M Triple-A Mono High Efficiency Panel : Caymax 260W-270W 60M (5w Step) Data Sheet (Click to View)
- ● CAYMAX 300-320 72M Triple-A Mono High Efficiency Panel : Caymax 300W-320W 72M (5w Step) Data Sheet (Click to View)
MCS CaymaxTM 2011 - Mono DATA SHEET:
- ● CAYMAX 185w - 205w 72M Mono Panel : Caymax 185W-205W 72M (5w Step) Data Sheet (Click to View)
- ● CAYMAX 240w - 260w 60M Mono Panel : Caymax 240W-260W 60M (5w Step) Data Sheet (Click to View)
- ● CAYMAX 285w - 305w 72M Mono Panel : Caymax 285W-305w 72M (5w Step) Data Sheet (Click to View)
MCS CaymaxTM 2011 - New Range Poly DATA SHEET:
- ● CAYMAX 230w - 250w 60P Poly Panel : Caymax 230W-250W 60P (5w Step) Data Sheet (Click to View)
- ● CAYMAX 275w - 295w 72P Poly Panel : Caymax 275-295W 72P (5w Step) Data Sheet (Click to View)
- CAYMAX PANEL INSTALLATION GUIDE: PV PANEL installation and Maintainance Guide (Click to View)
- 2011 Caymax PV Module Brochure: 2011 Caymax PV Module Brochure (Click to View)
- CAYMAX PV PRO COMPLETE KIT : Caymax MCS complete PV Kits (Click to View)
- CAYMAX Panel Manufacturer warranty statement : CAYMAX panel manufacturer warranty Statement (Click to View)